Just in case you think it's all rainbows and puppies here since I signed my book away into a publisher's hands, here's the flip side - the things that freak me out just a little before I fall asleep.
1. What if my editor wants the entire book in five points of view instead of one? Or worse - wants it changed to 3rd person instead of 1st? Or wants to change it to be about cancer instead of diabetes? Or wants a different ending? Or wants it to take place in New York instead of Texas?
2. What if the publishing press turns out to be this big scam and my book never gets published? Or they go bankrupt before it comes out?
3. What if the cover art is hideous?
4. What if I turn out to be terrible at revising with my editor's notes?
5. What happens if no one buys it?
6. What if, because no one buys it, no agent or publisher will ever look at anything else I write?
7. What if people buy it, and hate it, and think I'm a terrible writer?
8. What if I throw up from anxiety when I try to talk to people in public, like at a signing or conference or something?
9. What if it turns out I can't work on someone else's deadline schedule?
10. What if getting everything I want, turns out not to be everything I dreamed it would be?
You know, it's Friday. I should end this week on a more positive note. So here it goes.
What happens if getting everything I want, turns out to be even better than I dreamed?
Because, after all, why not?