1. Seeing my book in a bookstore
2. Attending a conference where I am actually an author instead of someone hoping to get a foot in the door
3. Taking a photo of me with my book and posting it on my blog
4. Signing a book for someone, especially someone who isn't related!
5. Reading author blogs and thinking, "I'm in the same place as them!"
6. Getting editor notes
7. Having to stay up late because I have a real deadline someone cares about other than me
8. Telling the very gracious parents who volunteered their time and emotional experiences with diagnosis of their children that the book is out, and that if they read it carefully, they'll see themselves in it
9. Looking at all the rejections that came before this as a blessing
10. Knowing that something I have wanted to do all my life, I have done. And looking forward to the next step, and taking it to a new and bigger level; to finding a new a bigger dream. Not different. Just bigger. And suddenly knowing that it can actually happen. It can really happen.