In fact, I think I'll start one of those.... later.
So here it is. If I were you I'd just skip down to the awesome awardees, because I've found some really cool new bloggers I'd love to introduce you to. But if you insist on order, here is the mandatory stuff first:
Kreativ Blogger Award
1. Thank the person that who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they were nominated.
1. Thank you Brit! You're the best! I am - every single day - thankful we met at that cruddy, awful, mind-bogglingly terrible writing group - and that we survived together! And not just because you are an awesome writer and great crit partner, but because you are just a fantastic person. And you have a really cool accent. :)
2. Logo copied. Check.
3. Brit linked. Here it is again if you need it.
4. Seven things about me that you might find interesting:
- My feet get claustrophobic. It happens randomly and without warning. One minute I'm fine and the next I feel like I'll have to claw my feet off if I can't get the shoes off fast enough. My heartrate goes up, I hyperventilate. I feel like I'm going to explode. Once the shoes are off, I'm fine. Bet you're so glad I told you that. :)
- I tend to write without contractions. I have no idea why this is. Then I have to go back and contract it all to make sure I don't sound like some formal, stuffy buffoon. Except the word y'all. I'm pretty good at that one the first time around.
- I can't twitter because I can't write under 140 characters. I'm way wordy. I'm sure you've noticed that, though, so maybe that wasn't very enlightening...
- I have to chew on a pen while writing. I think this started in middle school, when I used to chew the pen caps down to the nubs. Now I still stick a pen in my mouth when I'm typing on the computer.
- I didn't drink coffee at all until I was 38. Now it's the reason I get out of bed.
- I nearly drowned in a whitewater rafting accident when I was 13.
- I am an expert at catching lizards that get into our house. Really. They're like lightening fast and I'm the only one who can catch them. I'm very proud of this. And it may seem like a useless talent until you are trying to go to bed and you know there is a lizard running around your room somewhere.
So there you have it. Were you interested?
5 and 6: Seven bloggers...
I'm picking these people because I haven't chosen them for any other awards, and because I think it's possible they might be new bloggers to some of you. Some of them, anyways. Of course, some of them might be you, so you'd know them. because they're you and all............. anyway...
Louder than Noise: I love Jessie's blog title, but I love reading her blog more! I have no idea how she found me, but I'm glad she did. She's a writer, a mom, a fellow life-juggler, and always an encourager. If you haven't met her, you should!
Kristi Faith: a new friend in the blogosphere as well, and a fellow writer. She writes practically and eloquently of life as mother, wife, and writer. And she has the nicest things to say when she leaves comments. I'm looking forward to following her progress in NaNo!
MeganRebekah: I'm embarrassed to say I don't know if Megan is just Megan whose last name is Rebekah, or whose middle name is Rebekah, or who goes by the all smooshed into one first name of MeganRebekah. Should I keep addressing her as MeganRebekah or just Megan? These are the kinds of things you just can't know by only reading a blog. I'll have to ask. In any case, I love her blog. She's really fun. And creative. And is writing what looks like an amazing book.
K. M. Weiland: her second book was just published, and I love that she is as excited about it as if it were her first! Her blog is chock full of really great writing hints, tips, advice, musings, and the journey. Her blogroll itself is something I could spent hours perusing!
Caroline by line: I have no idea how I found Caroline, but it was off someone else's blog who quite possibly mentioned her in relation to this very award, and commented on the great blog title, to which I echo: how awesome is that blog title??? AND - it turns out she's a pretty fun blog writer to read, too! This week? She turned her closet into a writing office. It's so cool! Go check it out!
My Friend Amy: Amy's blog was one of the ones I found when I was hunting down bloggers who do book reviews. My first impression was how much I loved the look of the blog. Then I read it, and now I keep going back because of the content. Lots of great book reviews. I have no idea how she gets so much reading done! She's a Christian, and though not all of the books she reviews are Christian, many are reviewed through the eyes of being a Christian. The downside is now I have to find time and money for all these new books on my to-read list!!
Watch the Book: I have no idea who runs this blog, but it's an incredible collection of book trailers...a new one every day. Hoping to get mine in there one of these days, but for now, it feeds my obsession of finding new ones!
Phew! Okay - off to let them know. If you have time, go visit too!