Friday, August 1, 2008

It's Friday; It's a Good Thing

I realized today that my posts have become increasingly less interesting since the start of the Word-a-thon. I'm not sure if that's because I have no creativity left after writing (not to mention the lack of time) or if my life has become less interesting since I started this mad dash to finish my book. It's probably a good amount of both.

It's Friday. I made it through a rough writing week. I stalled out. For the first time this summer I actually had a day when I wrote NOTHING, and another that barely counted. And not because I was off frolicking in the pool or scampering around DC or NY or Philly. No.... I didn't write because I couldn't. The story stopped. Brick wall.

But I recovered! And now, I'm back on the cruising path. Today was an excellent day. Yesterday was good. I've almost recovered the lost days. It feels so good to be writing again, and to have the words come so easily, even though I have to keep stopping to research.


So the Word Count for today: 2291.
Yesterday's Word Count was: 2002

Which brings the total of the Word a thon to: 29,782
(this is just shy of my goal of 30,000 by tonight, so I may have to keep writing later!)

I am 60% of the way there. Woo Hoo!!

Now, on to the good things this week:

MUSIC.

This is my one thing this week. There are lots of things, really. But I'm going to list this one by itself, because it deserves it's own shout out.

When I am writing, I listen to music. Mostly to drown out the din around me, although partially it is a visual symbol to the kids, "Hey, I'm working! I can't hear you! Stop bugging me!" Admittedly, it works better in the first capacity than the second, but I keep hoping!

So here is the list of songs I write to. It's a mix I call SOME MAD HOPE, because this is the name of Matt Nathanson's CD, which seemed extremely apropos!

1. All We Are (Matt Nathanson)
2. Carry You Home (James Blunt)
3. The Time of My Life (David Cook)
4. Broken (Lifehouse)
5. The Guide (Borne)
6. Open Your Eyes (Snow Patrol)
7. Little Wonders (Rob Thomas)
8. Come On, Get Higher (Matt Nathanson)

So there you are. Judge away.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on cruising along. Hope you made it to overdrive (Oy, what a terrible play on words) and hit 3,000!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whohoo!!! 30K!!!!!!!!

    I'm glad that you know where you're going with the rest of the book. I hereby nominate myself as a beta reader.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made it to 30K and beyond!!!!

    I love this book. Jen - you will definitely get the ms if you want to slug through it.

    When do I see the rest of P?

    Hope you are celebrating big!

    ReplyDelete