Monday, December 7, 2009

Authory Stuff

Some big - but short - news today.


First off, my book is now available for pre-ordering. Which means, if you want to saunter on over to www.somekindofnormal.info, you can see the book blurb, the cover, etc., and then actually buy it so that you will be one of the first to get it when it rolls hot off the press.


The pre-ordering means the book is done, is at the printer, the printer has looked at it and said, Yeah, looks like all the ducks are in a row and we can make it into a real looking book. And then they put it in the queue with the rest of the books. And when it reaches the front of the line, they print it and ship it out. This is the way a small press works. It's a little less all TA-DA!! than a larger publishing house, but it's faster. :)

I'm also considering having a release day blog party in which I will sell  signed copies if you want one of those. And of course offer virtual food and drink and entertainment. What do you think?

The last bit of news is that I have had my first blog author interview! So exciting! It's like actually being a real author! Fellow writer Kristi Faith and I have been emailing back and forth for a few weeks, and it has been so fun getting to know her and chatting endlessly about this whole process.  She's put together an amazing post so if you have time, head over to Kristi Faith's blog and say hi and read my dorky answers and find out a little about my journey as an author with a small press.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on buying your book. Hopefully they ship to Canada. This is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that! I enjoy reading author interviews and find that I learn so much from them. I will check yours out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting stuff!

    Can't wait to preorder! I'm with Patti, hope they ship to Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real! Real! Real! This is all real!!!

    Definitely deserves a blog party. I think you've been to enough of those to know how to do it up right, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay now I'm sad, I checked and they don't ship to Canada. I'll have to get them to send it to my nephew's home and have them send it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What???? Okay, Patti, I'll send you one! In a week or two I'm going to have a blog signing party, and you can buy it from me and I will ship to you a signed copy!

    Or you can wait until it goes up on Amazon, which I would think would be any day. You can buy from there - they ship ANYWHERE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news, Heidi! I enjoyed the interview. How wonderful that it's all coming together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your interview over at Kristi Faith's blog. It was fascinating to hear about your journey to publication. I'll be facing some similar marketing challenges, trying to find a fit for a book that's mainstream edgy but has religious themes.

    Congrats on your launch! The book looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn and Laurel - thanks! Kristi did a great job with the interview, and she let me ramble on, which I managed to do without hanging myself in the process! :)

    Laurel - welcome to the blog, and good luck with your book! Sometimes finding the right place for the book is the hardest part, but when you find a good fit, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll buy one from you, so I can have a signed copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your interview was most inspiring! Thanks for sharing your insights with us. And even though I mentioned this on Kristi's blog, I have to say again, I REALLY like your book promo!

    ReplyDelete