Monday, November 17, 2008

Handing it over to you, Brian

I heard this report on the news today: another possible cure for type 1 diabetes. These kind of reports come often enough it's hard to start planning the "I'm cured, let's eat cake" party, but it's very encouraging.

This is actually one of the possible cures Babs discovers in my book. It's fun to hear news reports about "break-throughs" and have known about it months ahead. It makes me feel like I've well-researched the book.

And, of course, it makes me fear a little that by the time I have an agent the book will be obsolete. It's a sad state of affairs when the publishing industry moves slower than the FDA!



2 comments:

  1. I think your book was hitting the nail on the head, Heidi. In fact, *spoiler* when I read about stem cells and diabetes I was like, 'Heidi knows about that AlREADY! She is ahead of her TIME! Whohoo!!'

    Then I giggled. Because it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting patiently for the day a cure is announced. Okay actually impatiently - it couldn't come soon enough!

    (I love that little girl's idea of a celebration too.)

    ReplyDelete