Friday, May 15, 2009
It's Friday; It's a Good Thing
Yay for Fridays!! Yay for warmer weather and thick green leaves and longer days, (Boo for allergies, but we won't go there).
So Jen wrote a good post about not allowing the anger or depression or sadness or slowness of the publishing process affect your optimism. Go read it. And resolve to be more positive.
So what's good this week?
1. TV. This is so shallow. I know. But it's end of the season and things are getting really good. I get to watch 3 hours of Survivor this weekend! Grey's Anatomy is one for two hours as I write this. And next week the fleet of summer shows starts. Do you remember when summer meant the onslaught of reruns and really bad made-for-TV movies? Not anymore! Bring on Wipeout! Bring on America's Got Talent! Bring on a new Army Wives season! Bring on some really cool looking pilots! I'm ramping up the DVR for a whole new host of possibilities!
2. Barbecue! I've done most of the cooking this week on the grill. There's nothing like the smell of meat on the grill, smoke wafting on the breeze, the taste of jerk chicken and hamburgers and ribs. Corn on the cob. Onions and peppers and tomatoes all marinated and grilled. And no dishes. Yay!!
3. Birthdays. This week was my husband's birthday and normally I feel a bit...ummm....put-out by having to take on all the arrangements for every birthday in my immediate family, as well as grandparents. It's a lot of work. But really, when it comes right down to it, it feels amazing to make one person feel totally and completely special.
4. Grass. Leaves. Butterflies. Birds. Thunderstorms that light up the sky at night. Farmers Markets. Starry skies. Fluffy clouds. Azaleas. All things spring.
5. The minute the kids get off the school bus. They are talking before they even hit the pavement, running towards me with hugs and stories of their days, and no matter how bad my day has been, it's always better when they get home.
6. Exclamation points. Not mine, because on the blog I way over use them. But I've received a couple of agent emails lately with exclamation points. It feels big when I see that. It feels like hope. It feels like possibility. It feels like they are as excited as I am.
7. You all. For reading my journey. And being a part of it.