Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tweet This



My dad sent this to me yesterday. I thought it was really funny until I realized people actually want you to do that, and then I felt panicky. :)

As far as the writing is going, Tuesday was my great writing day: Three and a half hours. Sounds not as good as it felt. I added 2,500 words to my book, and then deleted 500 words of a scene that had to go because it centered around a character I've since gotten rid of. Gotta love revising.

Wednesday was not nearly so good. I had probably less than an hour total, although I knew it would be that way. Wednesday is my tight day, and my scant time was interupted several times. I added a few pages and revised a few more. Overall, passable.

I think what I'm learning is that I'm no where near a full-time writer.

With birthday parties and some other big news I'll share tomorrow, there's not going to be a huge amount of time to make up what I've missed so far. Still, I have less than 60 pages left of this book to revise before another run-through of more detailed editing. Not too shabby.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't tweeting your book something like an elevator pitch, which feels awkward to me everytime I say it out loud.

    Thursday's my tight day, unless I'm slow at work, I know I won't get any writing done today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a response when people ask what my book is about, but when it comes out of my mouth it just doesn't summarize everything. I feel like my book is so much more than that one line of dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2500 words is awesome. And you aren't supposed to count the words that you delete. It's against the rules that I just made up.

    ReplyDelete