Friday, August 28, 2009
Habla Engles? No? (Or It's Friday, It's A Good Thing Puerto Rico Edition)
1. People who speak English
2. People who try to speak English to help me, even if it's hard for them
3. People who don't laugh when I try to speak Spanish (and mangle it)
4. Polite drivers who wave us across the road when traffic is a bear and we are walking
5. People who strike up conversations no matter where you are (in a pool, in a waterfall, in a lagoon, on the beach...). "Where are you from?" must be the universal greeting here! And I've had some awesome conversations with some really nice people - even if I am in a bathing suit.
6. Shorts that are still comfortable, even after a week of all-you-can-eat breakfast buffets.
7. Sunscreen. Sunglasses. The guy who invented these should get an award. Perhaps alongside the person who figured out how to get hair up in ponytails!
8. My own bed. Ahhhh... I've missed it.